We've been hearing and reading about players that are experiencing problems when hitting certain cues (namely uppercuts and hooks) within BoxVR.
Please read below for some useful solutions to try which should alleviate these issues that some of you are reporting:
Adjusting your gloves
Firstly, you may want to try adjusting the gloves within the application to see if this provides better results with your swings, to adjust your gloves, follow these steps:
- From the Main Menu, select the 'gear' icon. This will take you to the Options page.
- Select the 'Position' tab and select the 'Adjust Gloves' button
- You should now see the Gloves and your controllers as they are currently calibrated.
- Holding the Trigger of the relevant hand will allow you to unlock the controller from where it is currently set and move it to your preferred position. Releasing the Trigger button will then set it to its new position.
It is also possible to adjust your gloves during your workout. When you bring up the Pause menu you should see a button named 'Adjust Gloves', select this button and follow Steps 3 and 4 from the list above.
Be aware of your surroundings
While this is a constant reminder in VR, so you don't injure yourself or anyone around you. This is instead to look at the lighting situation where you may be playing. Bright lights such as sunlight or overhead lighting can cause irregularities with the tracking sensors on the Oculus Quest. Try to avoid being directly next to windows as the sunlight or glare can contribute to this.
You should also avoid holding the controllers very close to the headset as blocking the sensors may also cause irregularities with the movement of the gloves.
Ensure you are on the Stance Plate while in a workout
During a workout and in the Main Menu, if you look down you should see a blue plate with two feet icons. This is the Stance Plate, which will inform you of which way you should be facing, but also the center of where you should be.
If you need to reset this, holding down the Oculus button on the right-hand controller for 2 seconds will return you to the center of where you are currently standing.
Uninstalling and re-installing the application
Sometimes it may be necessary to do a full reinstall to ensure all files are correctly downloaded when launching BoxVR.
To achieve this, please follow these steps:
- On the Oculus Home screen, navigate to 'Library'
- Locate BoxVR and select the "three dots" icon which will provide you with more options
- Select 'Uninstall' from the list
- Once that has completed, it is also recommended to run your Oculus Quest unit through a restart cycle, to do this, hold down the power button and select 'Restart'
- Once your Oculus Quest has restarted, selecting BoxVR from your library again should begin installing the application
If you continue to experience tracking issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we may assist you further.