If during a game, it turns black and freezes, it's possible that it may be due to a hardware issue. Please take the following steps and this should help solve the issue:
- Make sure the VR headset HDMI is connected to the display port and not the motherboard port (click here for an example)
- Make sure your Guardian is set up correctly and you have enough room around you. Try resetting the Guardian and creating a new one
- If the issue is not fixed, try uninstalling and reinstalling BoxVR.
NB: If you’re using Quest Link with an unofficial/unsupported video adapter this may be the cause of the issue.
If the above solutions do not work for you, please do get in touch with us directly.
So we're able to help you further with this, please include the output file in your email. You can locate the file on your PC. Follow the steps below to retrieve your output log file:
Finding the Output Log
Typically the AppData folder is hidden by default, so you may have to reveal any hidden folders or files to correctly view this folder. To do this:
- Click Start and type Folder options
- Open the app and chose the middle tab - View
- Select Show hidden files
- Click 'Apply' settings
NB: When you are done, you can go back to Folder options and revert the folder changes.
Once unhidden, to find the output log go to the following directory.
Within the folder you should find a text file labeled:
This will contain all of the information about what happened the last time you ran BoxVR and should let us know of any errors you may be experiencing.
Attach this file to your email and from here, we'll be able to investigate the issue further.