If you're receiving an error message when you try to sign up for FitXR membership, please take a look at the workarounds below.
The "Insufficient Permissions" error message means your Oculus software version needs to be updated.
This should happen automatically when you connect your headset to WiFi and turn your headset on. To make sure your software updates automatically, please make sure you take the following steps:
Charge your headset.
Keep your headset turned on.
Keep your Quest 2 or Quest connected to Wi-Fi.
Allow your headset to sit on a flat surface without moving the headset or blocking the inside sensor for an extended period of time.
Please update your payment method / Your bank requires extra authentication / Unable to calculate taxes
You'll often receive these error codes if your bank requires 2-factor authentication, which cannot be done via your headset.
To work around this,
- Remove your card from the Oculus Mobile App (by going to your Profile > Payment methods)
- Re-add your card
- Your bank should ask you to authenticate your card
- Once authenticated, you should be able to sign up for membership in FitXR.
If the above doesn't work, then Oculus recommend adding a PayPal account so you can complete purchases without additional verification steps. You can read more about this here.
Error Performing Query
You'll receive this message if your payment has been labelled as Pending by Oculus' billing system. This happens due to a known bug which has caused a delay in membership being renewed or refreshed. Oculus have informed us that this should resolve itself in 48 hours and they are working to fix this as a priority.
If you've been experiencing this issue for more than 48 hours, please contact us right away via the 'Support' button in the bottom right hand corner or at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your Oculus username
- The email address linked to your FItXR profile or your Account ID (This can be found by going to Settings > Accounts from the FitXR menu)
- The date your membership was due to refresh
- If you cancelled your membership, the date you did this and tried to renew